Saturday, July 4, 2009


Abandoned cars and houses litter the hillside.
Pillars extend out of the ground waiting for a fence to
be built around them. The signs warn of mountain roads.
Slow speeds traveling along cathartic, rocky mounds and snake winding trucks
spackled with mud. A paint bucket exploded along the long stretching blackness,
leaving one spot tie-died white, as if this was the only spot in the world where it snowed.
The road bends on forever. Chasing the virgin river now soiled by wheels and asphalt.

(written on my phone, while descending into the gorge.)

I'm staying in a home my parents have recently built in Utah. The desert is beautiful. Every time I look outside I am moved. I feel so connected to my soul. I want to wander into the desert naked. So if I ever disappear, just come find me in Utah and go mad with me.

2 comments:

  1. Mm. This is how I felt in Tahoe and wandering around Europe on my own. Actually, whenever I am really happy, I am amazed by my world...I get a little manic.

    ReplyDelete